Part of me wanted to include this shot on my current website but then the other part of me said:
- --You're only as good as your most current work.
- --Maybe it's dated.
- --The dresses should be tighter.
- --But wait -- I styled the whole thing!
- --I directed the make-up!
- --This was one of my first tests! And I put this together on the cheap. Models, hair & make-up, accessories, returnable wardrobe from Bloomies -- everything -- FREE!
I asked my web designer for his input -- gave him the disclaimer that I knew it didn't really fit with the other work and he came back to say, "as far as the 80s shot ...". Right then and there I knew I was TOO CLOSE TO IT. "The 80s shot."
Lesson Learned: Sometimes a photographer is too close to their work to be a good editor.